Wednesday, July 06, 2011

My, sweet, sweet Poppa! 1934-2011




 My Poppa and I having fun at the photobooth at my wedding.
 The little boys playing with the cars that their Poppa made for them.


Finny's first time meeting him.
Oh, today was the hardest day of my life. Truly. We got the phone call I was dreading for months. The phone call telling us we should come say our goodbyes...We quickly rushed to the hospital, tears blurring our vision, we found room 25...25 I will never, ever forget. He passed away with his family around him while we all sang 'Amazing Grace'.

My sweet Poppa,
I miss hearing you call me 'Darling' with every hello and goodbye kiss. And the look on your face when you would remind me that my very first smile happened in your arms. You were never without a camera around your neck and some new exciting info to share. I'm thankful to have gotten your passion for photography. Finley is blessed to have met you. To have had you hold him, play with him and love him. You are truly missed Poppa!

No comments:

Post a Comment